Dilapidations describe a liability that results from failing to comply with the lease covenants. It is important that the strategy is considered at an early stage whether acting for a tenant or landlord to ensure that the approach is proactive. We act as consultants and dilapidations surveyors in London to ensure the process is managed efficiently and cost-effectively.
When acting for either the Landlord or Tenant as dilapidations surveyors, we complete a detailed examination of the lease, sub-leases and any other associated documents. The contractual obligations must be understood before appraising any dilapidations claim.
– Preparing budgets
– Assembling a project team
– Coordinating the work of designers
– Preparing specifications and tender documentation
– Obtaining competitive tenders
– Reviewing tenders and selecting a contractor
– Overseeing the project works
– Certification of payment, variations and assessing reasons for delays