A liability as a result of failing to comply with the lease covenants. It is important that the strategy is considered at an early stage whether acting for a tenant or landlord to ensure that the approach is proactive.
When acting for either Landlord or Tenant is to understand the lease provisions. A detailed examination of the lease, sub leases and any other associated documents. The contractual obligations must be understood before appraising any dilapidations claim.
– Preparing budgets
– Assembling a project team
– Coordinating the work of designers
– Preparing specifications and tender documentation
– Obtaining competitive tenders
– Reviewing tenders and selecting a contractor
– Overseeing the project works
– Certification of payment, variations and assessing reasons for delays